Re: [TCLUG:580] Another Newbie

> Speaking of "user friendly," Red Hat's netcfg is a fairly easy GUI for
> setting up a PPP connection, if you don't mind going into X before
> connecting.  I use it under 4.2 and 5.0.  It handles scripting, PAP and
> most other things you may need.

Once you've set it up in X you don't have to go into X to run it.  Red
Hat's netcfg (at least in 5.0) sets up the 'usernetctl' program which is
what's called by the graphical usernet.  When I'm not in the X sort of
mood it's:
	usernetctl ppp0 up
and
	usernetctl ppp0 down
for me.

--
Ry4an Brase - http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~ry4an - 612-623-9946
'If you're not a rebel when you're 20 you've got no heart; if