Re: [TCLUG:522] Newbie alert!

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Brian E. Seppanen wrote:

> One of the confusing things is that UNIX doesn't seem to have a consistent
> scheme for storing and running applications. That's whats confusing me at
> any rate.  One person says use /opt another uses /usr/local another uses
> /usr/share.

Yes -- this file system is one of the many things that makes Unix better.
When you figure out why or how, consider yourself a guru.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/