Re: [TCLUG:607] Mixing Alphas and x86s

On Sun, Jul 12, 1998 at 01:35:25PM -0500, JoshB [JellyD] wrote:

> Not having an Alpha either, I would assume that you would have to compile
> any binaries you want on the platform you wish for them to execute, unless
> you find some way to execute Alpha applications on an Intel box. I think I
> heard something about this sometime but I haven't put too much faith into
> it.

why not just use x and have the display exported to the local machine?  let
the x protocal handle the communication and local display, and the alpha
server handle the application load.

len.

--

	-  -  --  --- -----[ whisper@bitstream.net ]----- --- -- -   -

"Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there ...
			There's much more than this ..."

  - -  -- ----[ 83 C0 55 57 7D AF 81 A1  7B 14 49 0C A0 7F 45 E8 ]-- -  -    -