Re: [TCLUG:611] Web Browser

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Clark Whiting wrote:

> So, what's the best Web Browser for Linux?

Well, Bob Tanner already sent you a URL for Netscape, which will of course
be your standard browser. Also have a go at Mozilla <www.mozilla.org>. Red
Baron and Arena are pretty much crap, as I'm sure you're already aware.

HOWEVER, the way to go, in my mind, is Lynx! It kicks ass. And,
unbeknownst to the DOJ (but knownst to us), it is integrated with the
desktop (i.e., 'lynx .' will let you browse your directory structure!).

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/