Re: [TCLUG:628] Linux in the StarTribune

Hmm, I'm sure there will be bitterness about this one, but I actually
think it's quite fair-handed. Interface, and the concomitant lack of user
apps, is indeed Linux' weakness. He fairly mentioned that Linux is making
headway in this area (KDE 1.0!), and that Apple is the real innovator in
interface design.

However, I don't think NT "goes a long way toward solving [the stability
problem]" -- pleeeeeeease. And Bill Gates "deserves his billions" ? Wtf!
He does -- but because we're stupid, not because he is a great innovator.
I'm not sure that distinction is clear in the minds of the people
inhabiting userland.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/