Re: [TCLUG:626] Iomega Zip Drive

Clark Whiting wrote:

> I have an Iomega Zip Drive.
> I downloaded the ppa driver and compiled it into my Kernel as a module.
> The zip drive I have is a Parallel Port - shared with my printer.
>
> Does anyone out there know how to access the darn thing?

Yup. Chris has already given you the info on how to load and unload the
driver and mount filesystems but there are some other things. I believe
with the 2.0.x kernels, they may have fixed it in 2.0.34, you can't have
lp running at the same time as ppa, so you'll have to either swap the
modules manually or write a script to do it for you. Unless you have
other scsi devices attached to the machine the zip drive should be
/dev/sda4, you just have to mount it and it works like any other
filesystem.

Hans

--
Hans Umhoefer (spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu)