browser.. it's file management interface similar to the IE4 techniqe..
browse everything (althogh less gaudy as IE4)

my reasons for not using it:

#1 althoug the web interface is the "popular" (depending on if you pay
attention to MicroSoft) way to access files, i prefer to seperate the
"internet" from the rest of my computer. (lan/wan filesystems is not
internet)

#2 the Qt toolkit is NOT free software (FSF defined).  it is freely
available to anyone, unless you plan to sell your software, this adds a
cost to anyone wishing to publish KDE sofware.. i would much rather have
seen KDE done in lesstif, than in Qt.

GNOME uses the GTK widget set.. it is also not a window manager.. it's
just a set of application guidelines, and tools, (and a few base
applications) that make X have the same kind of homogenious interface that
the windows enviornment boasts.  i also belive that if redhat continues on
the path it's on.. it should be able to mass sell to the "power user"
market within a year or so..