Idiot alert

Hi everyone,

*Dons dunce cap*

I did something stupid. I edited my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and put the
line:

/home/tim/rc5des -runoffline

in there. After rebooting from Win95, I discover that after booting RC5
starts up (what a shock *duh*). Unfortunately, since I neglected to
direct output to /dev/null and also the & after the command, my computer
is chugging busily away cracking RC5 blocks. I can't kill RC5 to re-edit
the file.

"Boot from a floppy," you say. I tried that and realized that my rescue
disk is at school.

Is there any way to kill RC5 and regain control of my console? Help...

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson                    "A little song, a little dance,
Henry Sibley High School              a little seltzer down your pants."