RE: [TCLUG:845] X, Compaq and me: an update

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Jeffrey R Haskovec wrote:

> We have a bunch of mag monitors at work and they are horrible, I would
> suggest a Sony Trinitron or Nokia monitor for a really nice monitor.

I've never used Mag monitors, so I don't know. But I can tell you that
when I was buying my new PC just recently, I was absolutely dead-set on
either a Sony or a Nokia. Of all the things in my price range, no others
but one of these two would suffice.

Refresh rate, clarity (dot pitch) and maximum resolutions and color depth
are what is most important to me. I don't care about monitor size, as long
as it's at least 15" (which is all that's sold these days anyway). It's
not size that matters, it's how you use it. :)

Anyway, I ended up with a Sony Multiscan 100ES, and it kicks ass. $260,
and I can read the 1024x768x(x32) screen without my glasses because it's
so crystal clear. 75Hz refresh, nice nice. (At 800.600 its 85Hz.) There is
a 17" version of this monitor for something like $500, I'd suggest it if
you need a really big monitor.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/