Re: [TCLUG:945] 3c509 module fails to load

>>> Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> 08/19 2:55 PM >>>
>After months of running fine, I need to power-down my box to install
>new SCSI tape drive.

What brand of tape drive? Already had a SCSI card installed? Any
possibility of
some device plugging around and playing with your resources?

>eth0: 3c509 at 0x300 tag <deleted>
>SIOCSIFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

If things are as I assume (ha) (just a new device put on an old SCSI
chain)
I can't think of one reason why something would swipe your IO 0x300,
unless
it was an unruly plug and play thing (it's like, they're CRAZY or
somethin').

I haven't seen this before, but please share the solution if it comes
to you,
Troy