Re: [TCLUG:942] HDD wackiness, and a que

Brad DeJong wrote:

> Similar.  I'm fixing up a Personal Iris 4D/35 and need a hard drive.
>  More importantly, I also need access to the OS media.  I got this beast
> with no drive and no media.  Irix 5.3 is the last version that can run on
> the PI series, but earlier versions like 4.x will also work.  If anyone
> has media ...?

I've heard lots of good things from friends about IBM.  They are good,
reliable drives, and if anything does happen, IBM overnights a replacement
to you, and pays for your shipping.  Also, I can vouch for Western Digital
EIDE and UDMA drives as being fairly reliable drives.  User error is about
the only way to kill them, that I know of.