Re: [TCLUG:985] Samba question

Correct me if I'm wrong: You aren't installing win95 apps on linux, you are just using the linux box to store the data. It is equivalent to mounting a vfat partation and installing and running a linux app off it - you never installed the linux app on win95, you just used it's hard drive. (I wouldn't recommend doing this).

Once you get samba setup correctly, have samba share a directory, say /home/win95 that clients have read-write access to (or specific to user, but that might be more trouble than it is worth). Goto the windows95 computer and "map" (i.e. mount) the /home/win95 and tell the program to install to that drive letter. If this is a file server install, tell the win95 clients to look for the file server on the drive letter mapped to /home/win95.

Good luck,

Ben