Re: [TCLUG:1019] RedHat 5.1 on Alpha

> Just installed RedHat 5.1 on a 166Mhz and throughly impressed by the
> speed of this little machine. One disappointing feature was the lack
> of a good web browser for the Alpha.
>
> Anyone know why there is not a port of Netscape to Alpha Linux?

Umm.. Netscape wasn't 64-bit clean?  I'm pretty sure that's it..
However, If you'd like to try it, I'm sure you could get a binary of a
fairly recent Mozilla...  It should be 64-bit clean by now.. (I hope..)

I haven't hung out on the Mozilla newsgroups for quite a while, but I
think that was the crux of the situation..

That's the best reason I have.. (there's a Linux/PPC port of Netscape
tho..)

Mike Hicks