Alpha/Linux and modules?

Does Alpha/Linux support loadable modules?

When I do a lsmod I get no file /proc/modules found.

I am trying to debug a ppp connection from a Alpha/Linux machine to
Real Time. The chat works great, I get establishing serial connection
and then modem just hangs up.

The same script works fine unter x86/Linux, so I am thinking it is
someone specific to Alpha/Linux.

Anything I can do to debug this problem further?

Syslog is ok, but it does not give enough details to really
troubleshoot this problem.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700