Re: [TCLUG:1068] telnet to server

Thanks for the help.  I got the dialup connection to work.

First off, RH 5.1 doesn't install the Serial-HOWTO, so once I found it on
the internet, it was a big help.  Secondly, RH5.1 installs mingetty which
only seems to work with console logins.  I installed mgetty and it was
simple from then on.  I was having trouble with setting the modem to answer,
but mgetty does that automatically.  It also does faxes and caller id, among
other things.

Barry White            barry@pinenet.com
Pine City, MN, USA     http://www.pinenet.com/~barry