InstallFest summary

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who was able to make it to the InstallFest today. I
was pleasantly surprised with the turnout. I think we had about 30
people at Sibley for all or part of the day. A number of people were
installing Linux for the first time, and others were updating their
machines or installing new hardware. All in all, I'd have to say it was
a success! Unfortunately, we got rushed out of the building a little
around 4, and there were a few people near the end of an ftp install at
the time. :-(

I hope everyone had fun. I know a lot of people learned a lot. (Mark
finally has a working ppp connection!!) Thanks to all of the experts who
were able to make it and help out. One of the greatest thing about using
Linux is the help that is available from other enthusiasts. It seems, to
me at least, that Linux puts the fun back into computing.

Well, have a great weekend. I know there was talk of having another
InstallFest in November after the October state fair computer show. I
have a feeling the next one will be even bigger.

See you all later,
Tim

--
Timothy Wilson		 |  Powered by Linux  |      Check out:
Henry Sibley High School |                    | http://www.redhat.org