RE: [TCLUG:1164] kernel won't detect serial port

Switch modems? ;-)  (I really, really hate Zoom modems.)

If you can give us the modem's model number, we can confirm whether it is a
WinModem (BAD!) or not.

Also, have you tried the command to set the port as follows:

setserial /dev/cua2 uart 16550A irq 10

I'm guessing you have a 16550A since the original 16550 was buggy.

--
Carl Patten
Systems Administrator