RE: [TCLUG:1201] eth0 deactivated

The IP problem will fix itself once your NIC is back up.  See below.

> I tried going into the RedHat Control Panel and activating the interface
> from there, but it reported that 'eth0 initialization delayed' again.
>
> Any ideas? This machine is currently hooked into the school's existing
> network until my server is configured. I've never had any problems before?
> How do I request a new IP address via DHCP without rebooting?

This just happened to me yesterday, matter of fact.  Is your Ethernet card
PnP?  In other words, could it have lost its I/O and IRQ settings when the
power went out?  Check that first, because all the symptoms you describe
point to a misconfigured card.  You may have to boot to DOS and re-run the
NIC setup program.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Carl Patten