RE: [TCLUG:1345] Turn off my computer?

Howdy,

I was told that
on off on off on off is

BAD for the computer.

The resoning is this:

Every time you fire up your box, you are heating all your components to some
degree.  They--of course--expand under the heat.  And they contract when
they cool down.

This expansion and contraction of the components is what "wears out" your
parts.

Also, with a hard drive spinning 24 x 7 instead of 8 or 10 hours a day.
it's like comparing highway driving to city driving with your car.

I hope this rambling made sense.  I wrote it listening to hold music waiting
for the helpless desk :)

Mark