Re: [TCLUG:1334] Sibley LAN success

Tim Wilson wrote:

> I plan on using a generic 'student' login most of the time when I bring
> a class into the lab. I really don't want to mess with administering
> individual accounts for everyone. I REALLY don't want to!

Have you thought about a having a central server that you lock down and
then just let them have free access to the clients.  This way you only
have to lock down one machine really tight and if the clients get
screwed up just reinstall from your "default image".  I don't know what
else you have set up but this is similar to the scheme that HP uses for
their education classes.  You can basically do whatever you want on the
clients; they just reinstall when the class is over.  For you, maybe a
class = a semester or something.  Just a suggestion.

--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26