Re: [TCLUG:1756] LILO, fdisk, and other OSes

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Gabe Turner wrote:

> Be aware tho that if you have DOS installed already, you'll have to
> reinstall it once you do fdisk /mbr.  If you don't have it installed then
> just boot up with a bootable DOS diskette and type fdisk /mbr.

fdisk /mbr just copies over the maste boot record. Thus it kills LILO
(what he wants). It does not require a re-install of DOS.

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.