Re: [TCLUG:1992] mouse broken

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

> Haven't you been having this problem for a while? I think you should
> entertain the possibility that the power outage somehow broke your
> motherboard or something. Which would be a bummer.

Yeah, this is the same problem I've had for ahwhile. I've had plenty of
other things to work on, and since it's the server I don't often need to
sit at the console. I'd be surprised if it's a hardware problem related to
the power outage. I'm not sure why I'd be surprised. Maybe I'm overly
optimistic.

> Also, you should definitely compile mouse support (psaux in your case)
> into the kernel, not as a module. I always do this for good luck.

Here's what I get from lsmod:

[root@thales wilson]# /sbin/lsmod
Module         Pages    Used by
psaux              1            0

I'd love to hear other ideas.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your