Re: [TCLUG:1990] GTK: undefined symbol

Ben Luey wrote:

> I'm trying to get gicq to work. It installed fine via rpm, but when I try
> to run it I get:
>
> gicq: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.0: undefined symbol: GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR

libgnomeui is a GNOME library.  Do you also have some GNOME rpm's installed,
too?  If not, then that's your problem right there.  If you do have GNOME
installed, then it's probably a version mismatch.  AFAIK, GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR
is a recent addition to GTK, so maybe your GNOME rpm's predate it.  I'm
pretty sure the GNOME 0.30 release did not have GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR.  I'm not
sure if there are any GNOME rpm's out there that are up to date enough (I
always run off CVS).  A new official GNOME release should probably hit the
shelves in a week or two (maybe).

Alternatively, you might try an earlier version of gicq.

John