RE: [TCLUG:2009] hosts.lpd syntax

hehe "and they were forced to eat robin's minstrels... yay.."

you should be able to just specify a network

from the lpd man page
Access control is provided by two means. First, all requests must come
     from one of the machines listed in the file /etc/hosts.equiv or
     /etc/hosts.lpd. Second, if the rs capability is specified in the printcap
     entry for the printer being accessed, lpr requests will only be honored
     for those users with accounts on the machine with the printer.

hrmm.. maybe you have to pust hostnames.. well... you could allways do this...

grep IN.A domain.file | grep -v "@" | cut -f 1

kinda hackish.. but it shoudl do the trick. :)
i wish i knew regexp better.. :(