Samba file serving

Hi everyone,

I've got a quick Samba question. This may qualify for REQOTD (Really Easy
Question of the Day).

I've got a partition set aside on my server to serve Win32 apps. I can see
it on the Win95 machines through the Network Neighborhood. The question
is, do I need to put a vfat filesystem on that partition before I try
installing some software on it? I guess it seems like I would. If I need
to give it some Win-compatible filesystem, can I do that from Windows over
the network, or do I have to do something like 'mkfs.vfat'? Thanks.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your