Re: [TCLUG:2065] Small Linux distribution fit for my friends?

> I would look at going with a small redhat or slackware installation, and
> having one machine on the network with a larger hard drive that has
> everything you want on it that won't fit on the local hard drive. (eg,
> netscape, apps, etc..). Or, do nfsroot. (It sounds like all these machines
> are/will be on the same network to me.. is this right?)

Heh, no...  These systems I'd be setting up would be student machines in
the dorms with Ethernet access, or students living near campus that have
high-bandwidth access (T1, I think..  there are some apartments that
have them..)

I'm not an administrator of the systems these guys will be connecting
to..  Besides, the U of M's nfs systems are criss-crossing everywhere..
It's a big mess, IMO, and I want to deal with it as little as possible
(I don't think I can, anyway..  They probably only allow certain clients
to connect..)

--
                    --== Mike Hicks ==--
http://umn.edu/~hick0088	mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu