execute but not read

I am trying to setup printing to a remote printer via netware. According
to the printing how-to I need to create a script that runs nprint with the
right server, username, and password. I created this script in
/usr/local/bin. Because the script contains my netware password, I want to
make the file executabke to all (so anyone can print) but not readable.
I did chmod 771 on the file, but then users couldn't run it. only when I
added chmod a+r to the file did execution work again. How can I hide my
password?

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

I'm visualizing the conceptualization process. That's that hard part.
     -- Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes)