Print Piping Problem

I'm trying to setup lpr to print to a remote printer via npfs's nprint
(it's a netware printer). If I run

nprint -S server -q printer postscriptfile.ps

it prints fine. I followed the printing how-to for printing to netware
printers, but it doesn't work:

/etc/printcap looks like:

##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE ljet4 600x600 letter {} LaserJet4 Default {}
libe:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/libe:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/libe/printlibe:\
        :mx#0:\

for this printer and /var/spool/lpd/libe/printlibe is just:

#! /bin/sh
nprint -S ETIENNE -q LIBE_LAB -U lueyb.l.stu.acad.carleton -P password -

When I do a test page with printtool or run "cat something.txt | lpr
-Plibe"

I get no messages and nothing comes out of the printer.

I think the problem is that nprint is accepting the pipe correctly. I
documentation for nprint doesn't mention the last "-" that was in the
printing how-to; but when I removed it the command "cat test.txt
|/var/spool/lpd/libe/printlibe" returned "usage: nprint [options] file"
now when I run /var/spool/lpd/libe/printlibe it waits for input until I
press control-D. Yet nothing prints.

Could something be wrong with my filter? /etc/printcap  doesn't have
one for the printer, do I need one or doesn't netware printing take
care of that. If not, how do I set that up?  Any ideas on how to
diagnose the problem? Thanks,

Ben

--
Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu

Why throw money at problems?  That is what money is for.  -- Kurt Vonnegut