Recent TCLUG meeting

There was a TCLUG meeting on Saturday, but it wasn't this group's best..

We had a fairly small (IMO) number of people that showed up, and there
wasn't a great plan for everything.  I was happy to hear about fetchmail
and the other things regarding mail transfer and retrieval, but I hope
that presentations can be slightly more organized in the future.  (I
don't mean to bash anyone, but it's an area that can use a bit of
improvement..)

Anyway, only a few people were around at 12:00, although we had to wait
to get into the room (since there were University people giving
presentations to potential students where we usually meet).
Unfortunately, the doors to the building seemed to be locked (after
being let in by someone, I learned that all I had to do was hit the
handicapped button)

Right now, I'm looking a short distance into the future.  I'd like to
see more people at the next meeting, and there are several ways to do
this.  One way is to send announcements to the comp.os.linux.announce
newsgroup (this would probably also be a good thing for the InstallFest
that's planned for two weeks from now). Another good thing to do would
be to create flyers to post around the U and other local schools and
colleges.  I'm not exactly a graphic artist, but I actually have a
decent printer this year, and Kinko's is only a block away from where I
live..  Maybe that'll be the one thing I do with StarOffice before WP8
comes out ;-)

For next time, maybe we can all tell a friend about the group.  I had
personally planned to tell several people, including some professors,
about TCLUG, but never got around to it (boo, hiss...)

As for knowing who everyone is when we actually get to the meeting, it
has been suggested that people could submit small images and bios of
themselves to be placed on the TCLUG website.  That way, we'll at least
have an idea of what these other people around here look like..

Of course, I think everyone is open to any other suggestions..

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and I hope to see you all again soon..
--
                    --== Mike Hicks ==--
http://umn.edu/~hick0088	mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu