Re: [TCLUG:2261] gcc won't find libraries

In a message dated 11/19/98, 2:34:04 PM, tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
writes:
<<	I know that libX11.a exists, and I've even gone so far as to spread
symbolic links to it across half my file system in the hopes that the system
would see one of them.  No luck.  I know it's there, and that it's readable,
and it seems to be in my PATH, but ld is stubbornly refusing to see it.>>

by path you mean the "-L" command to the linker or is it the $PATH variable.
The $PATH variable doesnot have any affect on where your libraries are during
linking so you will have to pass the path to the linker using the "-L" option.

Make sure there is a "-L/usr/X11R6/lib" option to the linker/compiler in the
link stage of your makefile.

good luck !
--
sandipan