RE: [TCLUG:2287] RedHat 5.2 CDs arrived

Shoot, someone else beat me to the response again... :-)

Other significant changes in the ATX design include:

(1) moving the CPU out of the way of the card slots so it doesn't hit long
adapter cards.
(2) moving the power supply fan so it blows directly over the CPU, providing
extra cooling.
(3) new power supply design. ATX boards are incompatible with older power
supplies.
(4) dimensions of the motherboard have changed, so it needs an ATX-specific
case.  The one I bought from Dexus has sliding plates to accomodate both AT
and ATX-type motherboards.  I would have to switch out the power supply to
go from AT to ATX, though.

Here's a good resource for more info: http://www.motherboards.org

--
Carl Patten