Re: [TCLUG:2320] changing username

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Ben Luey wrote:
>
> > Alternatively, is there a way to get pine to put in a username that isn't
> > my login name?
>
> Swim through ~/.pinerc.

I've tried that. What I ended up doing is changing my login on my personal
machine to the same one I use on the acm machines. Then I set the
user-domain variable in .pinerc to acm.cs.umn.edu

Works fine as long as I'm using my PC, unfortunately it would work well
someplace where you couldn't change your login.

Any other ideas?

Hans

--
Hans D Umhoefer (spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu)