RE: [TCLUG:2408] MySQL install woes

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Gabe Turner wrote:

> Well I have no experience with MySQL, but as for the egcs configure script
> error, it looks to me like you have to uninstall the old version first...  I
> believe that you can use rpm to do this since egcs was most likely installed
> via rpm when you first setup RedHat 5.1.  I'm not sure of the command however
> since I don't use RedHat.

If you're using RPMs, then you can update an installed package using:

	rpm -Uvh foo.rpm

sometimes if I get complaints, I'll do a

	rpm -Uvh --force foo.rpm

to "force" it to update. Good luck.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your