Re: [TCLUG:2449] Boot from hard drive using NT bootloader?

In a nutshell, I did this:

-	Placed boot lines for NT and Linux in lilo.conf.
-	Install lilo's boot loader in a linux partition (it happens to be an
extended partition, /dev/sda3, and my various logical linux partitions
all live under it, from /dev/sda5 to /dev/sda11).
-	From fdisk, marked /dev/sda3 as the (only) bootable partition.  Thus I
get lilo at bootup, and can choose which OS to start.

See attached lilo.conf.

Chris Schumann wrote:

> I have a computer with SuSE Linux installed on the second partition of my
> second hard drive. It boots from floppy just fine, but even after trying
> the details (as such) in the Linux-NT bootloader mini howto, I still can't
> get Linux to boot from the hard drive. I just get a blinky cursor.
>
> Linux still boots from the floppy.
>
> I'd appreciate some help getting this to work. (and then I can worry about
> SMP and my DSL setup!)
>
> What info do I need to share? Should I capture some output (perhaps of
> fdisk)?
>
> Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

Gordon Pedersen			1412 Portland Avenue
gordo@pclink.com		Saint Paul, Minnesota