Re: [TCLUG:2449] Boot from hard drive using NT bootloader?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Richard Seymour wrote:

> For NT are you using NTFS or FAT?

I am using NTFS on the NT partition. However, my C drive is a single 2.1GB
FAT16 partition, and it has the NT bootloader. I would like to continue to
use the NT bootloader.

I did this:

Copy floppy's boot sector to a file on C
Copy vmlinuz to /etc
Copied floppy's lilo.conf to /etc
Edit lilo.conf to point to /etc
Attempted to install lilo on linux partition (/dev/sdb2) I'm not sure if
this part worked
Copied bootsector to C drive
Started NT and edited boot.ini to point to bootsector on C

NT bootloader works for NT and Windows 95, but not for Linux.

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>