Re: [TCLUG:2469] MIME type for Java .class files

Perry J. Hoekstra wrote:

> Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > Is there a mime-type for java .class files?
>
> Not really, what use would you have for it outside of an applet?  The
> closest you could get is application/octet since the .class file is a
> series of byte codes.

My co-worker, Justin C., is now hooting and won't quiet until I type
this:

Sun has defined the mime-types for a few java related binary formats and
while not RFC endorsed (most mime types aren't -- they're just developer
defined) they're coded into the jdk.  They are:
	application/java-vm			for class files
	application/x-java-serialized-object	for serialized data

--
Ry4an Brase - http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~ry4an - 612-623-9946
'If you're not a rebel when you're 20 you've got no heart; if