Re: [TCLUG:2540] software projects

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 03:07:45PM -0600, John R Sheets wrote:
> "Shawn T . Amundson" wrote:
> >
> > Are there any free software programmers in this group?
> > I'm curious to know what type of projects might be getting
> > worked on in the twin cities.
> >
> > I'm involved in GTK+ and GIMP myself, among other things.
>
> You betcha!  I've been following GNOME closely since May,
> although I haven't gotten around to programming much with it.
> Been meaning to help out with the documentation, but who has the
> time?
>
> Recently, though, I hopped on board the new GPL'ed Altima Online
> RPG project (http://www.altima.org) and am furiously hammering
> away at some server-side code for it.  The project is about a
> month old.  When the server's functional enough to start testing,
> I'll probably write a GNOME client for it (just itchin' to get my
> hands on GnomeCanvas!).
>
> Are you in the Twin Cities, then?  I think I've seen you around
> the GNOME lists....

Yep, live in St Paul, work in Mpls, school at the UofMN.  I'm not
too involved with GNOME except as it relates to GTK+, like when
they ask for the next release of GTK+ so they can put out a GNOME
release, etc.  (Because they base their work off the CVS version
right up until release time.)

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking