anyone use imsp?

I'm about to install mulberry as the windows imap client at the office.
(it has a great admin tool to preconfigure the installer for servers,
usernames etc, and not allow anyone to muck around with the important
settings), it supports imsp which is a protocol for have remote
preferences and address book. They have a linux version of the server (imspd)
-- has anyone had any experience with it. It failed my first compile try
and I'm trying to see if it is worth the trouble.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Sometimes, I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
in  the universe, is that it has never tried to contact us.
     --Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes)