pppd Daemon 2.2.x

	First of all does anyone know where I might obtain a copy of the
pppd daemon 2.2.x in tar form?  I have checked sunsite but did not have
any luck.  I have located it in rpm form but I dont want to install the
rpm package program due to space.  I am setting up a linux system on a
386-25 w/ 4meg ram 80mb hd.
	Secondly,  I have files larger than 1.44mb and would like to
transfer them from one machine to another.  Is there an application that
splits a file or package into smaller units so I can transfer via
floppy.  I was unsuccessful in setting up PLIP.

Thanks

Brian Barnholtz