Need help for installing Red Hat 5.0 or 5.2 on Dell Inspiron 7000

I had installed Red Hat 5.0 on this laptop; however, I was unsuccessful
in getting either XFree or Metro X to work with the Mach 64 support.

I have recently purchased Red Hat 5.2 with the PowerTools, but have
been bashful to open it before I have a plan of attack.

The laptop has a 14.1" screen.  Apparently refresh rate values are
also needed by the X servers.  I would like to run X at a resolution of
1024x768.

I also want to use a PC Card 10/100 ethernet adapter - 3Com
model 3CCFE575BT-D.  However, I could use a 3C589D-TP.
I would also like to use DHCP to get the IP address assigned to
the laptop.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

Uday Kabe