where are my fonts?

I just installed wmakerconf-1.1.1-3 and while messing around I got a list
of the fonts installed on my system. (lucida, helvetica, utopia to name a
few) Where did these fonts come from and where are they installed on my
hard drive? How (where) can I get more of these fonts and is there a good
program for viewing, deleting and maintaining fonts? Also, is there a way
to add my printer fonts to this list, like wordperfect does (I have an
hp4l)

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Why throw money at problems?  That is what money is for.  -- Kurt Vonnegut