fdformat

I've tried several disks all with the same result. I formated the disk
useing fdformat
/dev/fd0. The format read and verified without any error. Now, I am
haveing trouble
mounting the disk.

I attempted to mount useing mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt which reports:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0,
or too many mounted file systems

So, I tried mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt which reports:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0,
or too many mounted file systems

I recall having read that you can't format a floppy as ext2. I assume
I've created an
msdos format.

I understand the fdformat is a low level format, as described in the man
file. If it's
not a file system problem then it's a parameter issue. So, man setfdprm.

I tried "setfdprm /dev/fd0" with no option which is supposed to load the
device with a
new parameter set with the name entry found in /etc/fdprm. The command
results in a
useage message displaying parameters.

I hope I am not becoming a pain with my ignorance.

ron parker