Re: [TCLUG:3241] Linux for "regular" users

I also point to an article about computer literacy.. windows is designed to
make it easy enough so that non-computer people can work on them.. the problem
with this is that, is that non-literate people tend to loose data, and can be
very tallented at doing it too.  linux requires a small ammount of computer
literacy to use, and even just users, not administrators tend to have a good
basic understanding of what's going on when they use a computer.  It's like
having tests, written and pratical, before you can drive a car.. and in this
age, sometimes computer data is more valuable than a car.