Re: [TCLUG:3372] UI (was: Windows NT pricing)

On 14 Jan, Christopher Palmer wrote:
> Fortunately, there are alternatives: GGI, Berlin, YAX, Y Windows.
Could you please post more information on these?  I'd be interested in
trying an alternative to X.  Of course I suppose that would mean that
NONE of my applications would work though?  I'd still be interested in
looking at them anyway.

> P.S.: X is a pile of shit!!!

Perhaps you could do something about it.  Write enhancements to X.
Start a requirement spec and find some programmers to help you.  Maybe
someone will be able to start a new one from the ground up.  The main
problem will be compatibility with the rest of the X applications out
there.  I really don't believe another solution would survive unless it
allowed X applications to run somehow.  That, I believe, would be the
hardest part about designing a new Graphical system.

--
Jon Schewe
schewe@tcfreenet.org