Re: [TCLUG:3372] UI (was: Windows NT pricing)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:

> > Fortunately, there are alternatives: GGI, Berlin, YAX, Y Windows.
>
> Could you please post more information on these?  I'd be interested in
> trying an alternative to X.

Sure.

http://yax.netpedia.net/
http://www.berlinconsortium.org/ (almost never works)
http://www.ggi-project.org/
http://ca.us.mirrors.freshmeat.net/news/1998/10/31/909840115.html
http://www.hungry.com/products/Ywindows/

> Of course I suppose that would mean that NONE of my applications would
> work though?

Right. Given the low quality of what X applications exist (all two of
them), that's not such a bad thing.

> Perhaps you could do something about it.  Write enhancements to X.

I'm helping out with YAX, actually. It's real alpha, but it's real nice.

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/