RE: [TCLUG:3372] UI (was: Windows NT pricing) (fwd)

On 15 Jan, Christopher Palmer wrote:

>> I don't know why you hold an opinion that is not well-reasoned.  Why
>> not have a well-reasoned one?
>> Isn't reasoning very very important?
>
> Okay, read my original sentence yet again. Mark Dalton compared me to a
> junior high kid because I was being strong-willed, and he thought I was
> not being reasonable. With what I said, I meant that it is possible to be
> both strong-willed *and* well-reasoned, and that my opinion about X is
> both strong and reasoned.

I don't believe he compared you to a junior high kid because of you
being strong willed, there's nothing wrong with that.  It's just that
adults can express their opinions with a little better language than
that and I agree with that.  There's no reason to talk like that,
especially on a public list where we're trying to give a good
impression of Linux and of Linux users.  Save the foul language for
your personal email battles.
--
Jon Schewe
http://tcfreenet.org/~schewe