RE: [TCLUG:3420] MIPS is dead

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Chris Schumann wrote:

[snip you need external glue]

> The support chips aparently have to support the extra CPU's. Using Intel's
> product selector, I find that the 450NX PCIset allows up to 8 Pentium II
> Xeon CPU's. I'd guess DG made their own custom support for their 64 Xeon
> (drool) machine, with lots of support from Intel.

Ahh yes, that makes sense. Thanks. And yeah, they go on about their
'ccNUMA' thing, that must be the glue.

I'll hopefully be getting one of those machines for home soon...to replace
my high-end NeXTStation.

;^)

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/