Re: [TCLUG:3539] Linux Pavilion (fwd)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Personally, Real Time has attended the Strictly Business Expo for 3
> years. This year we will not be attending.  It has gone from a
> techincal business show to maketing circus.
>
> What you see is trick-or-treat for adults. People just walk around
> looking for what stuff you have for free.

I used to go to it for technical contacts.  The last couple of years no
one of any technical value (for me at least) was there.  When I found a
company I was interested in, they would keep saying, "Um, I don't know
anything about that, I'm just a sales person..."

Yes, I can also see from an exibitor point of view it has gotten worse
lately.  There are countless times I visited a booth because they had some
cool thing to give away, and I was no where near interested in their
product.  :)  But I actually do go to look at what people have to sell, my
wife on the other had, goes to collect the cool things... :)

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com