Re: [TCLUG:3567] More Security Questions...

<SNIP>
>You can also just make sure you compile ssh with tcpwrappers support
>and you don't have to start it in inetd.conf.
>--
>Jon Schewe
>schewe@tcfreenet.org
>http://tcfreenet.org/~schewe
</SNIP>

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

I had been having a problem with all of the windows clients that people on
the list had pointed me to.  I figured out that those clients were looking
for ssh1.  Well, I had only installed ssh2.

As I poked around in the documentation a bit, I found the instructions on
how to make ssh2 compatible with ssh1 - BUT - I didn't want to mess around
and recompile it.

Being that I now had another reason to recompile (to add tcp wrappers), it
was worth the effort.  I grabbed ssh1, compiled it with tcp wrappers, then
compiled ssh2 with tcp wrappers.  Now I am able to connect from the windows
boxes, using the windows clients, AND there is a wonderful amount of data
collected in /var/adm/messages for me.

Thank you very much for the help!!

Scott K. Johnson
skj@visi.com