smb mount / automount

Can I add samba shares to /etc/fstab? How? I tried

"//computer/share name"   /mnt/blah    smbfs

but it didn't work (generic error of not supported in kernel or to many
mounted systems etc). I'm afraid that the share name has a space in which
might make that harder.

Also, the kernel is 2.0.35 and doesn't have autofs, can I compile the
module (or have someone e-mail it to me) and use modprobe to load it, or
do I need to recompile the computer? I'd like to use autofs for smb
shares.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

It's only work if somebody makes you do it.  -- Calvin